Wednesday, January 27, 2010

D E F I N E; whats your?

LOVE



1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

3. sexual passion or desire.

4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
18. to need or require; benefit greatly from:
19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20. to have sexual intercourse with.
–verb (used without object)
21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.

—Idioms
25. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.



Now, after reading all of those definitions, do you think you have a general idea of what love REALLY is? Or can no one thing, or person, truly define what love is suppose to be? [ Spinning in my headphones: Girlfriend by Day 26 ]. I thought back to my previous relationships, and over the years as you get older, you start to ask yourself questions: When I said I love him/her, did I mean it? If I say I did, how would I truly know if I wasn't clear on what love meant in the first place? Me, a mere 23 yrs old, I've still had my fair share of relationships; I can truly say, that I've said I love you to someone and didn't mean it; Hell, I didn't even know what it was. Now, despite my elders still telling me I'm too young to know what love is, I think I have an idea of what its like.


I've had the pleasure to share space with one of the most amazing spirits I could possibly come in counter with. This person has an incredible work ethic, drive, motivation, ambition, and constant attainable goals to strive higher and see more than they're seeing. Me, being a very ambitious individual myself, I can appreciate those qualities in someone. Their character was very intimidating at first, but I'm equally good, so I got use to it after a few days. We shared knowledge, time, nourishment, and affection. When it came time to go our separate ways, I felt sick; It was the most sudden, uncertain feeling I've had in a long time. I returned home, I couldn't get thoughts of this person out of my head, or off of my heart. It drove me crazy, I couldn't sleep at night. We've said our "I love you's", but it wasn't until that moment that I truly discovered what it meant. My heart's examples: I can't stand to be away from you for a few minutes . I wish I could talk to you all day, and all night . I'm compelled by your knowledge . I love that you strive for the best in me . You tell me I'm beautiful every single day . We say "I love you" before we go to bed . Always on my mind . Constantly stamping your name on my heart . I'll die if anything happens to you . Willingness to do things I've never done . See things I've never seen . Experience things I've never experienced . Wanting to take that journey with you and only you . Not being able to breathe, because you aren't close . Listening to your heart rhythm as you sleep, and it matching mine. I'm convinced of what love is suppose to be, and its the little things; Also the major things I can't even begin to explain. Love is exactly that to me, unexplainable. The day that I'm able to truly explain what love is, then I'll fall out of it. Life is suppose to be full of surprises right? why dictate how you feel, when you can just bask in the moment?

Live and Love
...


No comments:

Post a Comment